Volunteer with us and help create a positive impact for older people in Hackney!
Volunteers are absolutely vital to Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation and we could not manage without all the amazing support that we get from them.
Volunteers help us to:
- Continue delivering a wide range of services to the elderly within Hackney through.
our lunch-club, advocacy work, social activities and exercise
classes to name just a few.
- Build up capacity to expand our work and support more people as the need for our services within the local community grows day by day.
- Complement the skill-set and experience of our small team of staff by introducing new skills and abilities.
What Do Volunteers Get By Helping Us?
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation offers a fun and vibrant community, with lots of opportunities for volunteers to get involved and to:
- Help us to support and transform the lives of the elderly, their families and carers within Hackney.
- Meet new people, socialise and make friends.
- Be a part of the local community, having a positive impact on the lives of those around you and making your community a better and happier place.
- Learn and develop new skills and experience for your personal development.
- Gain confidence and boost your self-esteem.
- Have fun and make a difference.
- Improve your mental and physical health.
Volunteer video coming soon
Filling in the form below is the first step towards becoming a volunteer.
Please note we will always try our best to get back to you within 10 working days of receiving an application (or faster if we are able). You can also call us on 020 7923 3536.